A full-service drilling company is Seeking a Software Engineer to join their team
Salary: $75, 000 – $85, 000
Location: N. Houston
- As a Software Engineer, you’ ll become a key contributor where your skills and input make a big difference.
- Design software and development tools supporting company technology, specifically MWD systems.
- As part of a multidisciplinary engineering team, you’ ll work closely with project stakeholders and management to collaborate and solve real world problems and address them with innovative solutions.
- Architect software related to new product development, working with the technology team to realize the ambitious technical goals of the company.
- Seeking someone who cares deeply about their craft, someone who gets excited by tough technical challenges.
- Creativity, imagination, rapid execution and strong communication skills are critical to build new and exciting products.
- Desktop software development as part of a small team.
- Propose and implement software solutions for new projects and upgrades to existing software.
- Write scripts and test code supporting hardware and software testing and qualification.
- Ensure firmware-software compatibility by interfacing with firmware development team.
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience developing software applications (5 years desired).
- Extensive experience with C++ (preferably 5+ years).
- Good grounding in object-oriented design.
- Good understanding of software engineering processes.
- Cradle-to-grave responsibility for software products in a commercial environment.
- Experience developing or interfacing with embedded device firmware.
- Experience developing with Qt for desktop applications.
- Facility with C++14.
- C#, Java, or Python development experience is a bonus.
- Familiarity with web systems, and interfacing with web applications from desktop applications.
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 2 weeks of submitting your application.