Sr. Boiler Engineer
Manhattan, New York
Sr. Boiler Engineer
A global organization who provides industrial inspections, design, development and more, is looking for a Sr. Boiler Engineer, to help support their client in the state of New York. All Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Position Type: Direct Hire
Position Location: Manhattan, New York (Relocation Assistance, and can live in surrounding areas NY/NJ)
Position Pay: Base (Depending on Experience)
- Perform boiler outage inspections for end client
- Provide reports upon inspection completion, and cover them with related engineering teams on the current outage
- Complete final reports to the engineering teams within 8 weeks of inspection/outage completion
- Review files to assist in determining areas of deterioration and potential causes of forced outages
- Review operating data to detect changes in boiler efficiency, operating conditions, and recommend any operating refinements that could improve equipment performance and prevent equipment damage
- Witness boiler tests and review results in effort to identify problems and underlying issues, which could include: air flow tests, air heater leakage tests, efficiency tests, pressure tests (hydro’ s), leak ID, DMNC, etc.
- Provide recommendations for implementation of boiler fitness surveys including: list of parts required to perform such repairs, near and long term maintenance, upgrade possibilities to equipment, follow up for future testing, setting and arrangement drawings, maintenance planning for various boiler inspection, operation analysis and maintenance manuals, support root cause analysis teams to help prevent failure, and input to system engineer condition assessment reports.
- Advise and consult with end client in pre-outage planning and development of the managed maintenance program, and design improvements for any new equipment that are available to the equipment.
- Support systems engineer in developing and updating condition assessment.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Mechanical, Welding engineering or related field; Master degree preferred
- Welding Certification - welding/fabrication/inspection - not required, but will be advantageous for role
- 10+ years’ experience with boilers and similar equipment background
- Professional Engineering License is a plus
- Need to have strong communication skills both verbal and written to interface with client and perform Inspection reports
- Must have strong understanding of API, ASME, and Welding codes related to boilers and pressure vessels: ASME - I, III, VIII, VIIII, etc.; NBIC - repairs or replacement of high pressure components; Welding procedure and process, depending on repair and pressure part/component, B31.1 & 3
- Must have extensive knowledge of the process of making steam (subcritical & high pressure unit)
- Must have Package boiler experience & HRSG experience
- Knowledge of the operation of the respective units, understanding of the components, and related equipment
- Knowledge of boiler tuning in relation to O&G, process, Contribution factors that impact the tuning of a boiler, and O&G Burner experience
- Must have understanding of root cause analysis related to the boilers and be able to make recommendations to fix or cure issues related to the equipment.
- Understanding of NDT inspections types is a plus (MT, UT, RT, PT, etc.)
- Must be able to manage multiple sites for end client and help make recommendations to them simultaneously.
- Full benefits
- Relocation Assistance is available if needed
- Potential Bonus