Privately held Residential Real Estate firm is seeking a Staff Accountant. The position will be responsible for ensuring the integrity of the accounting and closing processes and is a vital part of the team. The position will report directly to the Comptroller and CFO and interact daily with upper management. The company is very family oriented and offers work life balance, stability and a team environment.
Salary: $45, 000-50, 000
Location: Houston, Galleria
- Assist in month-end closing procedures, including journal entries, reconciliations, preparing schedules and gathering accruals for multiple entities
- Research accounting discrepancies involving payables and general ledger accounts
- Assist with tracking accrued revenue and booking by location
- Set up new vendors and ensure proper vendor paperwork is submitted and maintained
- Responsible for tracking, monitoring and clearing product POs and for cueing and printing checks
- Assist Comptroller and CFO with various ad hoc projects
- Assist other accounting staff as needed, including performing administrative and other necessary work
- Prepare commission statements and interact with agents regarding payment terms or discrepancies
- Input revenues and expenses, assist in the maintenance of sub ledgers, prepare bank deposits, and reconcile bank statements
- Prepare financial statements and company reports including income/expense statements, balance sheets, and delinquency reports
Reconcile any financial discrepancies by analyzing account information
Prepare owner statements, distributions and 1099’ s.
- Assist accountants with year-end tax preparation and audits
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Accounting, related degree, or relevant experience
- 2 – 4 years of accounting-related experience
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (including strong Microsoft Excel skills), Outlook, internet research and accounting software-related applications
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks of submitting your application.