An oilfield pipeline company in Northeast Houston is in need of a Staff Accountant to assist with an influx of business.
Compensation: $20 to $25 per hour
- Assist with preparation of financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments.
- Maintains and balances an automated consolidation system by inputting data; scheduling required jobs; verifying data.
- Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information.
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
- Assist with the preparation of payments by accruing expenses; assigning account numbers; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Protects organization' s value by keeping information confidential.
- Assists with billing processes and accounts payable as needed to support Senior Accountant.
- Participate in project analysis as needed.
- Must have 1-3 years of experience as an accountant with GL experience.
- Project accounting experience in a construction or oil field services a plus.
- Service oriented business experience.
- Must possess 2 or 4 year degree in accounting.
- Intermediate level of Excel experience.
- Familiarity with NetSuite a plus.
**Due to the high volume of applications received, we regret that we are unable to personally respond to each applicant. Should your resume be chosen to move forward, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks.**