Strategic Marketing Manager
Global leader in cable and cable assembly solutions is seeking a Strategic Marketing Manager for their team!
This newly created position will support the acquisition and synthesis of market intelligence to support sales and company growth strategies.
Salary: $70, 000 - $90, 000
Location: NW Houston
- Identify new product/market and new sources of revenue aligning with company capabilities.
- Identify and develop sales/strategic marketing plans for market segments. Includes key account plans.
- Capability to use, source or elaborate a pricing policy for company products and services.
- To build a source of process to follow competitor’ s prices.
- To identify key competitors pricing policy by product segment.
- To use or develop methods to adapt current activities to margin and sales objectives.
- Key individual for developing 3 and 5 year strategic plans for the North American market.
- Assist in preparing annual sales plans, and annual expense budget for the department.
- Capability to source and implement a communication and promotional plan to reach customer and market including social media outlets.
- Liaise with product development and production teams in North America and other international sites to develop appropriate products and specifications to meet or exceed customer requirements (ISP).
- Capability to lead qualitative and quantitative research methods (from needs to synthesis) per specifications from the marketing plan.
- Ensure adequate sales and technical support for requests for offers or project implementation.
- In charge of the CRM (customer relationship management) database, to collect, analyze and structure all customer information and data (and take internal corrective action), to improve short and long term business with existing and future clients.
- Assist in generating sales forecasts and provide regular forecast and monthly feedback results.
- Develop business models to prepare justifications, appropriation requests, analyze deals, build business models.
- Support existing field sales reps, provide feedback on market conditions and new developments by competitors.
- Work with product managers in developing marketing and communication strategies to maximize sales and operating profit.
- Define product and service solutions that meet both external and internal customers’ needs.
- Play a key role in the development and execution of the overall marketing strategy, account approach and selling strategies to create new business opportunities.
- Conduct analysis, research and report on market information, such as competition/trends/pricing.
- Develop business requirements for implementation, resolve issues and timelines.
- Promote the company and its several cable solution products, in a diverse environment.
- BS in marketing, business or technical field required. MBA a plus.
- 5-10 years – combined sales, marketing, and business development experiences in cable, electronic or engineering procurement construction environment.
- Strong leadership skills – ability to lead cross-functional teams.
- Strong PC skills, and proficiency in MS Office Applications.
- Experience in utilizing social media platforms to acquire and promote business.
- Experience with CRM software.
- Strong communication skills
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within two weeks of submitting your application.