815 emancipation avenue Houston, TX 77003
Seeking an Account Manager – Manage existing accounts
Location: Houston, TX
Salary: $50, 000 - $65, 000
The objective of this role is to Manage the Sales Departments to meet customer needs for plumbing supplies and to develop market opportunities and manage relationships with customers as well as new target opportunities. The role would entail overseeing some counter employees and occasionally instructing warehouse staff but it would be more " overseeing" than managing, but still the candidate should have some managerial skills.
- Reporting to the CEO, the Account Manager will be responsible for the Management specific accounts and growing those accounts as needed.
- Direct and oversee the organization' s sales policies, objectives and initiatives. Set short- and long-term sales strategies and evaluate effectiveness of current sales programs.
- Recommend product or service enhancements to improve customer satisfaction and sales potential.
- Quote prices, bid specifications and maintain records as outlined by management
- Answer customer inquiries regarding products, prices, availability and product uses and assist them throughout the entire purchasing process
- Monitor customer satisfaction and communicate this information to management
- Work with Parts and Service Departments to introduce customers to the other services the Company provides
- Maintain sales volume, product mix and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators and competitors
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Meet with customers to discuss their evolving needs and to assess the quality of our company’ s relationship with them
- Continually develop knowledge of the business climate and competition for defined geography and accounts
- Maintain data relative to partners, accounts and activities and will document customer interactions
- Specific experience in the plumbing supply sector is a must
- Selling brands including but not limited to Toto, Chicago Faucets, American Standard, Sharkbite, Uponor, Zurn, PEX, as well as general piping material
- Build Relationships
- Extensive Product and Market Knowledge
- At least 5 years of proven Sales experience in the plumbing supply sector is a must
- Excellent communication skills
- Good PC Skills: Excel, Word and ability to quickly learn ERP software, specifically
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 2 weeks of submitting your application.