Technical Sales Representative
2000 St James Place Houston, TX 77027
Seeking a Technical Sales Representative
Location: Katy, TX
Salary: $90, 000 – $120, 00
- In collaboration with Sales Managers, the Sales Representative proactively and strategically sells companies tools, technologies and services within the defined Product Line segment
- In alignment with the agreed sales plan, the Sales Representative also works to establish customer relationships that enable the identification of customer needs and the positioning of company’ s solutions
- Collaborate with peer product lines to maximize exposure and identify opportunities within client base
- Participate in Safety Leadership Tours and HSSE Audits every Quarter
- Supervise, coach and mentor direct reports and junior members of the sales team
- Performance Management – Complete Appraisals, KPI’ s and objective setting / feedback to direct reports
- Ensure products and services are marketed, positioned and understood by key decision makers within client organizations
- Proposes solutions to customers formally (through pitches, presentations and tender submissions) and informally through networks, relationships, discussions
- Responsible for relaying competitive information back to the appropriate product line stakeholders, including pricing, good/bad product performance, marketing material, activities, new products/technology etc.
- Ensures systems, including Salesforce are updated and maintained with appropriate sales data in a timely manner
- Provides tactical input to PL Sales Strategy when required
- Participates in product line demonstrations and training to customers where appropriate
- Develop a good understanding of the challenges facing oil and gas operators around field surveillance and production optimization.
- Develop strategies to effectively position our software to address these needs. Presentations should be solution-focused and client-centric.
- Maintain current knowledge of customer applications, competitive product differences, and social media/collaboration strategies to target and sell to prospective clients.
- Develop competitive sales plans/strategies for software and professional services. Update these sales plans regularly to refine, change, remove or add opportunities and accounts to ensure or exceed quota attainment. Quotas are given with an annual goal but divided into quarterly targets. Both must be met.
- Pipeline development and management is critical. The right candidate will be experienced with this and will have clearly defined activities and strategies to develop a pipeline at 3-4 times quota.
- Effective time management will be essential to your success. The ideal candidate must be able to close opportunities on a quarterly basis
- Develop existing client relationships through regular high quality interactions. Identify commercial opportunities to expand existing footprints within these accounts is critical.
- Outreach to new clients (cold-calling) is a key function. Candidate must be able to ask the right questions, uncover problems and handle a confident feature/benefit discussion on our products. Adequate follow-up and ability to create and drive next steps towards an eventual closed opportunity will be required.
- 5+ years of industry experience, knowledge of SCADA
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the Oil & Gas Operations or Service Industry
- Must have experience with SCADA
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 2 weeks of submitting your application.