Accounts Payable Supervisor
9020 Jackrabbit Rd., Suite 600 Houston, TX 77095
A global manufacturing company in Northwest Houston has an immediate need for an Accounts Payable Supervisor to join their Houston office. The Accounts Payable Supervisor will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the accounts payable function, including managing day-to-day processes and ensuring excellent customer service for internal and external parties.
Pay Rate: $55, 000 + 10% bonus
Location: Houston, TX (Northwest)
- Supervising 2 Accounts Payable Coordinators, provide training and mentoring and assist the Accounting Manager with their performance measurement and performance tracking;
- Manage and process a high volume of accounts payable invoices and ensure that invoices are processed accurately and timely;
- Collaborate with internal and external customers to improve AP processing and performance;
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues, including reconciling vendor statements;
- Maintain vendor files, correspond with vendors and respond to vendor inquiries concerning payment and/or invoice issues;
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of weekly check runs, wire and credit card payments in accordance with approved payment schedule;
- Perform the month end close activities, which include monthly general ledger reconciliations, accruals and AP research;
- Process Travel and Other employee reimbursements; and
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum 5 years of AP with 1 year in supervisory capacity.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Ability to read, write, and speak French and / or Spanish preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills involving external and internal customers at various levels.
- Good understanding of SAP (or Any ERP), Business Processes and Payment Processes.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel (including VLOOKUP & Pivot Tables), Word and Outlook
- Some college work is required
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks of your application