5847 San Felipe Suite 300 Houston, Texas 77057
A growing company is seeking an Analyst II to join their team in Houston
Salary: $65, 000 - $75, 000
Location: Houston, TX
- Plans and directs flow of air and surface traffic to/from foreign destinations. Computes duties, tariffs, price conversions, weight, and volume of merchandise exported/imported to/from foreign destinations. Examines invoices and shipping documents to ensure accordance with federal and global regulations
- Analyze importations and use training and apply knowledge of US customs ruling to properly administer valuation on imports, licensing, and trade compliance regulations.
- Documentation/Record Keeping; sets up all new rig requests for returns to USA as well as commercial
- importations from abroad into USA
- Ensures all Importer Security Filings (ISF) for inbound ocean freight are submitted through the customs
- broker accurately and timely
- Collects and manages all import-related documentation as filed by the Customs broker
- Compiles & transmits all broker-requested classification or entry information (i.e. requests for USHTS#, FDA, FCC certification forms, general delivery instructions)
- Classification; processes all requests for US HTS classification from abroad or from local customs broker
- Maintains the US HTS Import file with current information
- Assigns US HTS# to all new Items Id items and uploads same into PeopleSoft
- Reporting/Auditing; Assists the Supervisor- Import/ Export Trade Compliance with internal audit processes as needed
- Creates all U.S. Customs reporting through the ACE portal under guidance of Manager – Logistics & Trade
- Advises Compliance Department of breaches in policy
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration in Logistics or Customs Brokerage License with applicable experience required.
- Must have classification experience
- Recognizes problems and responds, systematically gathers information, sorts through complex issues, seeks input from others, addresses root cause of issues, makes timely decisions, can make difficult decisions, uses consensus when possible, communicates decisions to others.
- Tackles problems and takes independent action, seeks out new responsibilities, acts on opportunities, generates new ideas, practices self-development.
- Has good listening skills, builds strong relationships, is flexible/open-minded, negotiates effectively, solicits performance feedback and handles constructive criticism.
- Understands duties and responsibilities, has necessary job knowledge, has necessary technical skills, understands company mission/values, keeps job knowledge current, is in command of critical issues
- Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, looks for improvements continuously, monitors quality levels, finds root cause of quality problems, owns/acts on quality problems.
- Ability to gather and analyze/synthesize data, confirming its accuracy and adequacy as an integral part of the collective analysis/synthesis process.
- Demonstrated ethical and effective leadership and influencing skills and practices.
- Knowledge of financial accounting, purchasing and management systems.
- Physically capable of being transported to an offshore rig by boat or helicopter.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel at an advanced level (use financial and logical functions; work with multiple worksheets and workbooks; edit and use macros; import and export information).
- Working knowledge of document control systems and databases.
- Certified Customs Specialist (CCS) certification preferred.
- Certified Classification Specialist (CCLS) certification preferred
- Oil and gas, petroleum industry, project management and/or freight forwarding experience is a preferred
- Working knowledge of ERP systems, with PeopleSoft experience preferred.
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 2 weeks of submitting your application.