Assembly Line Supervisor
9020 Jackrabbit Rd., Suite 600 Houston, TX 77095
Seeking an Assembly Line Supervisor
Title: Loader Assembly Supervisor
Location: Houston, TX (NW Houston)
Salary: $25.00.hr + 10% bonus
- This person will be reporting to Production Manager for Houston operations. Position will mainly entail, but not be limited to the following tasks:
- Direct Reports: 9 employees
- Supervise the loader assembly and shipping functions
- Supervise operators performing material handling, assembly and shipping functions
- Lead department ensuring production schedules & communicate with operations office personnel
- Receive data from vendors of raw material and from operations on production plan
- Confirm daily reports on production and quality
- Follow up with office for discrepancy if any or additional information
- Ensure monthly reconciliation of loader line and shipping material and related production documents.
- Create and maintain daily activity log loader production
- Maintain daily check list on loader line and shipping line quality
- Coordinate with operations and subordinates for problem resolution
- Support to other operation sections during month as needed including scheduled overtime
- Inventory control and cycle counts for loader line materials
- Maintain a clean working environment
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives (5S, operational efficiency, FIFO, etc
- Ensure daily audits of equipment are being done and issues found are resolved in a timely manner
- Be a backup, when needed, to other supervisors
- Experience in the following elements required: Excellent communication skills to converse with employees, upper management, dealers and vendors in person and via phone and email.
- Must have experience supervising an assembly line in a Manufacturing environment.
- Ability to read, to write, and to speak English language fluently. (Spanish is a plus)
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in supervision
- Excellent problem resolution skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word Programs, (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook). SAP experience preferred
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced distribution environment.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to lift and hold up to 50lbs unassisted.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands and fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is repeatedly required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl for long periods of the day.
- Experience of working in warehousing
- Must have 5 years minimum experience working in a manufacturing environment
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 2 weeks of submitting your application.