The Woodlands, TX
Location: The Woodlands, Texas
Salary: $85k to $ 90K (based on experience)
Duration: Direct Hire
- Bachelor degree in related field plus 5 years minimum related work experience.
- Bilingual in Spanish is preferred
- Experience with commodities such as machining, castings, fabrication and their processes.
- Commodity expert (product, industry, suppliers, regulatory)
- Five years’ experience in sourcing both domestically and internationally various components and materials. Preferred experience working with vendors in Mexico.
- Knowledge of ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) systems, Minimum 3 years of experience using Microsoft Office Suite in daily professional tasks including Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- APICS/CPIM certification (preferred)
- Five years’ experience in MRP and general materials management
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Maintain commodity or product line knowledge of current industry conditions such as Pricing information and trends, Vendor information and Regulatory requirements
- Develop, implement and maintain vendor managed inventory programs.
- Analyze vendor quality trends and initiate corrective actions as determined.
- Negotiate terms, pricing and delivery/service conditions with vendors.
- Partner with material buyer/planners, shared service and manufacturing associates
- Coordinate and evaluate engineering changes regarding new products and modification to existing products to guarantee that all outside purchased items meet necessary specifications.
- Manage supplier performance using leading metrics such as PPV, Supplier OTD and Supplier Quality.
- ABC analysis, Safety stock management, Product life cycle management, Economic order quantity management
- *Constant communication with suppliers negotiating reduced Minimum Order Quantities (MOQs), smaller more frequent orders to be placed offsetting long-term risks and a risk assessment regularly monitored
- Accurate demand forecasting and purchasing practices can support operation’ s strategic goals of ordering enough to meet ongoing customer demand while not carrying too much extra inventory to keep costs under control
- Reduce excess incoming inventory by continually reviewing inventory reports. Maximize the value of each purchase consistent with the Company' s requirements and policies to achieve balance between function, productivity, quality and other terms with suppliers and various internal departments.
- Resolve problems situations related to selection of source, price, deliveries, specifications, quality and other terms with suppliers and various internal departments.
Due to the high volume of applicants we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 2 weeks of submitting your application.