Band Saw Operator- 2nd shift
7200 Mykawa Road Houston, Texas 77033
We have an immediate need for Band Saw /Cutting Table Operator at Murray Resources.
Location: SE, Houston
Pay: $12-$14 (Depending on Experience)
Position Type- Temp to Hire
Sets up and operates machine tools such as cutoff saw, drill press, band saw, belt sander, hand grinder, hand drill, hand bender, and double head saw, to machine metallic and nonmetallic work pieces by performing the following duties.
- Reads blueprint or job order for product specifications such as dimensions, tolerances and determines sequence of operations.
- Selects, positions and secures tool in tool holder (chuck, collect or tool post).
- Positions and secures workpiece in holding device, machine table, chuck, centers or fixtures.
- Moves controls to position tool and workpiece in relation to each other and to set specified feed, speeds, and depth or length of cut.
- Sets up fixture or feeding device, starts machine, turns hand wheel to feed tool to workpiece or vice versa, and engages feed.
- Turns valve handle to direct flow of coolant or cutting oil against tool and work piece.
- Observes operation and machine. Verifies conformance of machine work piece to specifications.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Read drawings
- Read and use tape measure
- Read and use protractor
- Able to make layouts
- Ability to distinguish one material from another
***Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within a few weeks of submitting your application.***