Business Development Manager
- Dallas Or Houston, Texas -
Seeking a Business Development Manager
Reporting to: Regional Director
Salary: $80, 000 – $120, 000 + Commission
Location: Houston OR Dallas
- Reporting directly to the Regional Director and based in the local market, the Business Development Manager will be responsible for growing existing customer sales throughout the nominated region (both directly and through the growth of solid partnerships), as well as closing existing opportunities and developing new leads together with generating new business.
- Achieve revenue targets and business objectives within the region.
- Build customer relationships, rapport and trust to effectively manage the full sales cycle including the negotiations on major projects.
- Coordinate and follow-up on existing leads and generate new leads in an effective and structured manner.
- Effectively manage long consultative selling cycles for capital equipment as well as fulfilling shorter term customer requirements.
- Identification, profiling, analysis and implementation of new business opportunities in the nominated market
- Contribute to the on-going planning and development of the Company’ s sales and marketing and business development strategies.
- Attract and retain suitable business partners and agents to promote and sell the product range.
- Interpret customer requirements and create solutions using the technical and commercial resources available with-in the company.
- Contribute to new product/service development, promotion/distribution, customer care and the Company’ s approach to quality through the presentation of customer feedback and market research.
- Manage all public relations and promotional activity undertaken by the Company in conducting business with its customers in the nominated region, building brand awareness and developing Unique Selling Points.
- Develop, update and maintain a database of existing and potential customers through the development and implementation of a “ Customer Relationship Management” system.
- Demonstrate the technical ability of products to potential customers.
- Provide regular information to assist management with decision making, including competitor profiles and market analysis.
- Efficiently manage the Company’ s marketing activities in the nominated region, together with administration duties that include the preparation of monthly management reports to enhance the decision making capability of the Company.
- Make recommendations to management on business development activity and on how the Company can improve the marketability of its products.
- Detail pricing and delivery information with customers and liaise with sales order processing staff to ensure that all orders are promptly received and handled.
- Assist with after sales queries, investigate customer complaints, and ensure that they are dealt with to the customers’ satisfaction.
- Educated to degree level in an Engineering and/or Commercial/Financial discipline, preferably Mechanical
- Ideal candidate will have experience selling to Quarry owners and/or Mine Managers
- Experience dealing with minerals, fracking, waste water, wet processing or water treatment
- Proven track record in achieving business targets
- A minimum of 4 years’ Sales management experience and a progressive career to date
- Experience in establishing and maintaining successful customer partnership
- Experience in specific process of Aggregate Washing and Water Treatment
- Experience in managing teams
- Experience and existing relationships with typical Customer set
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Computer literate
- Multilingual (Fluent English plus local languages)
- Able to work under pressure and remotely
- Enthusiastic self-starter able to work on own initiative
- Strong technical background and good mechanical aptitude
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 2 weeks of submitting your application.