3400 Awesome Lane La Porte, TX 77571
A 40-year old, international manufacturer of field instruments for process and power industries is seeking a Business Head for its US Operations. The Business Head is tasked with providing strong leadership for the company by working with the other executives to establish short and long-term goals, plans and strategies. They are responsible for presiding over the entire workforce and they will manage budgets and make sure resources are allocated properly. The Business Head will make sure departments meet their individual goals and are responsible for overall accountability of the US Operations and its growth. They will encourage business investment through strong sales and marketing initiatives and act as the public face of the company. In addition, the person in the role of Business Head must have an entrepreneurial mindset and adapt quickly to changes in the marketplace.
- Encourage business investment, act as a visionary and provide leadership for the company.
- Oversee the complete operation of the company ensuring it operations and goals are met based on the direction established in the strategic plans.
- Promote innovation with a vision of the future of the company by planning, strategizing and executing.
- Communicate with all levels of the organization to include executives, direct reports and front-line employees.
- Manage financial and operational aspects of the company applying knowledge of regulations, policies and procedures that affect the company.
- Attract, develop and retain top talent.
- Create, communicate and implement the organization' s vision, mission, and overall direction. Leading the development and implementation of the overall organization' s strategy.
- Lead, guide, direct, and evaluate the work of other leaders within the organization. In the process of leading others, the Business Head makes certain that the strategic direction filters down through the organization to ensure its achievement.
- Solicit advice and guidance, when appropriate, from other Executives.
- Formulate and implement the strategic plan that guides the direction of the business or organization. Assure that the plan creation involves significant input from the organization to ensure smooth adoption and successful completion of implementation.
- Oversee the complete operation of an organization in accordance with the direction established in the strategic plans, including the design of the organization in a manner that facilitates and supports the operations.
- Evaluate the success of the organization in reaching its goals. Making sure that each strategic goal is measurable or that the desired outcomes are clearly defined.
- Maintain awareness of both the external and the internal competitive landscape, opportunities for expansion, customers, markets, new industry developments and standards, and so forth.
- Represent the organization for civic and professional association responsibilities and activities in the local community, the state, and at the national level.
- Participate in industry-related events or associations that will enhance leadership skills or the organization' s reputation and potential for success. Make certain that staff members understand that these responsibilities are shared and that every employee is responsible for helping the organization maintain industry ties.
- Demonstrate the leadership necessary to make the organization' s mission a success. This leadership includes providing leadership vision, leadership that attracts followers, and all other aspects of successful leadership.
- Hold the organization members responsible and accountable.
- Create a learning organization that will continue to grow and flourish and enhance the skills and abilities of employees.
- Ability to manage multiple disciplines within the organization optimizing the performance and finances for all departments as well as for the organization as a whole.
- Ability to project a professional Image.
- Current knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations that apply to specific business.
- Knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements.
- Working knowledge and ability to apply professional standards of practice in job situations.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Working knowledge of personal computer and software applications used in job functions (Word processing, graphics, databases, spreadsheets, etc.)
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Engineering (Instrumentation or Mechanical) or Marketing required.
- Master’ s Degree highly preferred.
- Five (5) years of senior management or executive positions preferred but not required.
- Ability to manage conflict and find creative alternatives to difficult situations.
- Leadership ability to nurture people in their pursuit of high standards.
**Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 2 weeks or your application.**