Fort Worth, TX
An oil and gas services company is looking for a CNC Machinist to join their team. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply!
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Pay Rate: $17/HR - $23/HR
Job Type: Contract to Hire
• Under minimal supervision, calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, depth and angle of cut, or enter commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
• Sets-up and operates special purpose equipment, conventional (lathe and/or mill), and/or numerical control (NC) machines and machining centers for fabrication of metallic and nonmetallic parts that hold to the high quality machine standards required within the organization.
• Reads and interprets blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces, sequence of operations and setup requirements.
• Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls as required.
• Must be able to select, align, and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, jig borers, grinders, and shapers.
• Must demonstrate a basic to intermediate skill level (indicate part, turn OD' s, and qualify ID and OD) on manual lathe.