7200 Mykawa Rd Houston, TX 77033
Murray Resources is in search of a CNC Machinist for a machine shop environment.
Location: Hobby Airport, Houston SE
Position Type: Full time, Contract to Hire
Pay Range: $16-$24
Conducts setup and operation of Computer Numerical Control (CNC) equipment, inspects machined features to maintain quality, adjusts machine and changes perishable tooling.
- Conducts safe and timely setup of CNC equipment using the Setup Checklist.
- Edits CNC programs as required to attain optimal quality/quantity production.
- Makes machine/tooling adjustments and CNC programming changes to bring non-conforming out-put into specifications.
- Informs the Group Leader/Supervisor of any operating or material condition that would interfere with quality/quantity production.
- Performs routine operator maintenance and operational checks on all tools and equipment utilized, to include: tool sharpening, machine oiling, fluid level/air pressure checks, safety switch functioning etc.
- Performs dimensional and attribute product inspections to ensure quality product is produced including 1st Article Inspection.
- Conducts tool setup.
- Changes perishable tooling that is worn or damaged.
- Insures timely flow of parts through the machine shop by following set procedures. Makes suggestions for alternate responsibilities when application allows additional internal time.
- Meets cycle time rates established for specific part numbers.
- Reads and interprets machine shop blueprints.
- Segregates and periodically disposes of scrap material into approved collection containers.
- Operates material handling equipment when moving materials into, around, or out of the department.
- Accurately uses measurement tools such as micrometers, verniers, height gage, bore gage, and attribute style gages.
- Follows all 5S practices and supports lean activities, as well as safety regulations policies and procedures.
- Trains operators to run jobs.
- Ability to operate a CNC Machine Equipment
- VTL (vertical turning lathe) experience.
- Machine Equipment includes Mazak Lathes, Mills and Horizontal Machine Centers
- Understands G code and or Mazatrol programming
- Performs machine editing, understands and interprets part program readouts.
- Ability to read and interpret work orders, blueprints, and/or verbal work instructions.
- Ability to recognize, set up, and effectively uses general measuring instruments.
- Ability to comprehend and utilize ISO manufacturing procedures.
- Ability to perform basic computer operations and mathematical computation.
- Ability to move or transfer products with overhead crane.
- Flexibility with regard to job assignments.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds, if required
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED
***Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within a few weeks of submitting your application. ***