4740 Consulate Plaza Drive Houston, Texas 77032
A company near Bush Airport is looking for an import clerk. The import clerk manages data for international shipments and provides support for many steps of the transportation process. They work with customs agents, warehouse staff, shipping companies, and clients. Clerks help with shipping, receiving, and record keeping for international transactions. This is a temporary role.
Compensation: $14 to $15 per hour
- Track shipments and communicate with clients about the package' s progress
- Coordinate shipping with customs agents for clearance on overseas deliveries
- Handle quotes from prospective shippers and handle claims with insurance companies if any shipment problems happen to occur
- Complete import documentation, compile carrier and route assignments, compute international fees for each shipment, and keep track of shipment payments and quotas
- Use systems that can identify shipments, collect data, and register packages with government agencies
- High school diploma required
- Must have customer service and negotiation skills
- Familiar with the legal requirements regarding importing and exporting shipments, as well as company' s internal procedures
- Be confident with converting weights, volumes, and currencies for international shipments
- Experience in CargoWise preferred
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks of submitting your application.