- chicago, Illinois -
Our client, a global specialty company is seeking a Customs Specialist to join their Chicago, IL office. This role is responsible for monitoring import and export activities for various BUs in North America.
Salary: $90, 000 - $120, 000
Location: Chicago, IL
- Monitor the safe shipping of products by air, land, ocean.
- Provide subject matter expertise in relation to Customs.
- Develop relationships to assist in the negotiation of contract pricing.
- Manage improvement through data analytics and innovation techniques.
- Perform audits for accuracy.
- Development of best practice standards and uses.
- Monitor regional and national industry trends.
- Audit Customs Brokers and other service providers invoices for payment.
- Contribute to the HSE culture ensuring all activities comply with company standards.
- Interpersonal, communication & negotiation skills
- Innovation mindset
- Strong internal and external Stakeholder management and customer service skills
- Project management experience
- Intermediate to Advanced level of proficiency related to computer skills & software use
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- > 3 years in a Logistics and/or Customs related role; Leadership experience required
- Implementing value adding solutions and operational changes
- Experience in improving workflows and processes to increase efficiency and eliminate waste
- Bachelor’ s level qualification for example in Trade or similar
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within two weeks of submitting your application.