Director of Accounting
150 West Main Street Suite 1600 Norfolk, VA 23510
A solutions driven company is seeking a Director of Accounting and Administration to join the team. This position will ensure accounting processes and financial reporting align with overall company goals and growth trajectories. They will be responsible for overall risk management, insurance, and office management.
Location: Norfolk, VA
Salary: $115, 000-125, 000
- Accounting / Financial Reporting
- Oversees accounting and financial reporting departments.
- Arranges for audits as required and appropriate.
- Collaborates to establish and manage the departmental budgets and resources, including explaining variances and related reporting.
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Manages debt structure, financial covenants and overall cash flow
Risk Management / Administration
- Office management of headquarter office and remote offices as needed.
- Overall risk management and insurance accountability.
- Drive plan for executing ERP implementation and ongoing vision
- Provide status of financial condition of the company by collecting, interpreting and reporting meaningful Financial Results and Operating Performance reports, including variances to budgets
- Implement and manage systems in Accounting, Administration, Contract Management and IT department
- Drive Administration where it relates to accounting processes, allocations, risk management and insurance
- Executing both short-term plans and long-term plans tied to vision and “ big picture” goals
- Building/implementing processes, procedures and systems
- 10-15+ years of accounting experience, 5 or more years in a leadership role within accounting or finance
- BA or BS required, Master’ s degree preferred
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks of your application.