Director of Business Development - Gas Detection
6 Tech Drive Houston, Texas 77077
Business Development Director – Gas Detection
Location: Houston, Texas
Salary: $130, 000 – $155, 000 + 20% Bonus and company car
- The position of Business Development Director defines the local FGDS portfolio and offering to address customer needs and achieve profitable growth plan.
- Focuses on major global (infrastructure) project opportunities typically involving various customer levels (end users, EPC, System Integrators/DCS companies etc.) in close collaboration with local sales, engineering & global and local key account managers.
- Lead the GDS business development activities specifically EPC projects and GasSecure through the management and leadership of those positions.
- Work closely with the local GDS system engineering group to ensure we have the best fit skill set and capabilities aligned to market opportunities.
- Lead planning and implement regional FGDS strategies and objectives; provide direction to the sales force and engineering team.
- Execute, manage and support all necessary pre-sales & sales activities associated with the total life cycle FGDS project opportunities in close cooperation with local sales & GKAM.
- Be responsible for all major global and local FGDS projects and drive the company capabilities in sales and engineering to win these projects.
- Explore and build partner relationships to develop and/or enhance business alliances focused on growing our FGDS capability.
- Lead the GDS business development team including the EPC project sales manager and GasSecure business development manager.
- Drive and support vendor approvals and listings for project business including wireless with both end users and major engineering companies through direct activity and leadership of the EPC and GasSecure business development managers.
- Work closely with GDS Divisional Sales Director and field regional sales managers to ensure a consistent approach to customers and to maximize deployed sales resource.
- Work closely with FGDS systems engineering group ensuring we have the necessary capabilities to win and successfully execute on fire and gas projects.
- Participate in strategic planning processes with Global Director of Business Development and work closely with global GDS colleagues to ensure success in cross border projects.
- Education: An Engineering or Science degree from an accredited college or university is required.
- 5 plus years of job related experience in a similar position
- 4-8 years Sales / Business Development / experience with fire and gas detection systems.
- Demonstrable work experience with EPC contractors, System integrators, DCS / Instrumentation / Control Systems technology, Fire & Gas Detection.
- Good knowledge, understanding and expertise in the following: Relevant technologies and applicable regulations / standards industry initiatives and business mechanics importance / basics of Project Management typical commercial aspects of Project business including contractual structures
- Excellent and open communication skills, capable of networking / communicating on various levels with customers as well as within the global organization excellent writing and presentation skills (C-level, Senior Management level) diplomatic, co-operative, assertive proven analytical thinking skills reliable, sincere, strategic thinking pro-active personality, work methodically and independently committed, ambitious, entrepreneurial spirit experienced and willing to work in a cross-cultural team, collaborative and flexible and able to work effectively with staff at all levels leadership skills
- Willing to travel regionally / internationally (> 50%)
- Work will be done both in a climate controlled, office environment, remotely through computer and internet based meetings, at various customer locations requiring PPE, TWIC card, drug testing and other credentialing as necessary.
- Must have experience with either Gas detection, Fire detection or Measurement and Control.
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 2 weeks of submitting your application.