EPC Business Development Representative
3400 Awesome Lane La Porte, TX 77571
EPC Business Development Representative
A 40-year old, international manufacturer of field instruments for process and power industries is seeking an EPC Business Development Representative for its US Operations. The EPC Business Development Representative is tasked with maintaining existing clients to ensure a healthy and positive relationship. Additionally, this position will be responsible for identifying and winning new business, developing customer penetration strategies, providing leadership in the planning and implementation of market and customer penetration strategies to cultivate and capture new business that enable the company to exceed revenue and profit expectations. The positions home base is in Houston.
- Spearhead business development initiatives that are consistent with the Company’ s overall strategy.
- Align with a set of repeatable and sustainable business development processes and tools.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the business development, sales and execution cycle of the Company’ s services to create new business opportunities.
- Work with operating groups in development of business development plans and marketing strategies focused on cross segment selling.
- Assist in the development and submittal of client proposals.
- Provide input for monthly sales meetings presentation.
- Assist in the planning and development of sales budget.
- Coordinate upcoming plans and sales activities and communicate to operating groups.
- Satisfy business development and sales targets for Company growth.
- Be proactive with on-going sales process to advise key customers of Company’ s full-range of products and services.
- Network within the industry including speaking at industry conferences and/or attending conferences.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the market by monitoring competitor activity and adjusting our sales messages in order to maintain a competitive edge.
- Develop and maintain close business relationships with existing or potential customers and other key industry representatives.
- Understanding of the oil & gas pipeline engineering, plant infrastructures, and construction industries preferred.
- Knowledge in new construction, repair, and maintenance of service offerings.
- Possess a thorough understanding of operators and competitive EPC firms in the USA.
- Possess already established relationships with customers in the USA.
- Ability to work with multiple groups to expose sales opportunities.
- Advanced communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to anticipate client needs and develop appropriate solutions.
- Ensure the corporate culture and value system permeates throughout the area of responsibility.
- Consistent travel within the US is required.
- Results-driven entrepreneurial leader and dynamic communicator.
- At least 5 years demonstrated track record of success in sales and marketing, including at least 3 years of experience in industrial/manufacturing/distributing sales, preferably marketing to EPC companies.
- Demonstrated business-acquisition sales success, negotiation, prospecting, relationship-building and closing skills and techniques, with a track record of meeting and exceeding agreed-upon sales plans.
- Persuasive presentation abilities and a strong talent for writing clear proposals and reports.
- Analytical aptitude, with the ability to make quick, calculated decisions and recommendations.
- Personal drive and motivation, including competitive spirit, ability to overcome obstacles, strong sense of accountability, action orientation, flexibility and situational adaptability.
- Capacity to manage conflict.
- Attention to detail and project management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and experience with a CRM system.
- Knowledge of online transactional sales and business, benefits and features.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Engineering or Marketing preferred.
- Willingness to travel around the Houston area and within the US as needed.
- Experience with value-based sales methodologies preferred.
**Due to the high volume of applications received we regret that we are unable to personally respond to each applicant. Should your resume be chosen to move forward, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks.**