Engineering & Design Manager
SW Houston, TX
Engineering & Design Manager
A full service midstream project solutions company based in the SW Houston area is looking for a well-versed Engineering & Design Manager to add to the team in their office. All qualified candidate are encouraged to apply.
Position Type: Direct Hire
Position Location: SW Houston, Texas
Position Salary: Base Salary; Market (Depending on Experience) + Potential Bonus
- The Engineering Design Manager has a general multi-discipline knowledge of natural gas processing design techniques and installation and working knowledge of the content and application of statutory codes and guidelines as applicable.
- The Engineering Design Manager has detailed knowledge of all phases of project execution and management.
- Manage engineering budget and ensure budget allocations are respected.
- Manage both internal and external changes in scope and ensure adequate documentation and approval of the same by project & coordinate department activities.
- Propose scope splits between Engineering office and/or subcontractors (as applicable) at bid stage.
- Attend project kickoff and review meetings, vendor meetings, and engineering meetings, as required and provide bid assistance.
- Responsible for hiring, supervision, mentoring, professional development, evaluation and termination of department staff members as well as conducting staff meetings.
- Identify and resolve a range of technical, operational and organizational problems.
- Keep Project Management apprised of high-level activities and concerns, technical, budgetary and manpower related.
- Maintain departmental procedures and technical guidelines in compliance industry codes and standards
- Plan and recommend department manpower, training/development and assist in recruiting resources.
- Coordinate the training and development of Discipline personnel.
- Evaluate performance and recommend changes in classification and compensation of department personnel.
- Provide leadership to staff within a department and is accountable for the performance and results of multiple disciplines within the department.
- Apply managerial expertise to achieve financial and operational objectives.
- Develop operational plans to achieve business objectives.
- Influence customer and/or organizational leadership to achieve operational objectives.
- Foster teamwork among functional discipline leads.
- Ensure availability and allocate discipline manpower resources as required to provide agreed deliverables and meet agreed schedules and budgets.
- Prepare/review department' s budgets and forecasts and manage financial and operational objectives.
- Ensure departmental plans are aligned with business, financial, and operational objectives.
- Responsible to meet forecasts within schedule and budget.
- Review/approve departmental key documents and drawings such as:
- Progress and productivity reports.
- Internal and external change orders.
- Man hours/timesheet bookings.
- Requisitions for software, computers, and other departmental expenses.
- Expense Reports.
- Estimates for proposals, including cost, schedule, and man hour estimates and execution plans.
- Project-specific procedures and design reports.
- Discipline Technical Guidelines
- Bachelor Degree is a must, engineering discipline preferred; Master’ s degree a plus
- 10+ years in midstream engineering and design, with experience managing engineering and design groups
- Preferably Registered Professional Engineer
- Experience with bids and proposals as it relates to engineering projects.
- Prior experience with small to mid-size EPC organizations
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written are a must, along with ability to interact well and build relationships with clients, internal employees, external employees, etc.
- Previous personnel management of drafters/designers and engineers is required for the role
- Excellent Full Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Potential Bonus
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks or your application.