Fabrication Shop Manager
SW Houston, TX
Fabrication Shop Manager
Position Type: Direct Hire
Position Location: SW Houston, TX
Position Salary: $100, 000 - $130, 000 base (Depending on Experience) + Bonus
- Process shop orders through the entire fabrication process in ASME working environment.
- Manage team, processes, and equipment in the shop to ensure timely completion of jobs.
- Ability to creatively problem solve and work through challenges on a project-to-project basis.
- Coordinate with the Project Management, Engineering, Design, Management, Administration, and Purchasing to process projects efficiently.
- Hands on management with financial performance targets, day-to-day facility operations and annual business planning, reporting, and inventory control.
- Monitor and approve quoting processes, WIP, project invoicing to meet departmental weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly goals.
- Encourage collaboration of operations and marketing teams and excel in developing customer relationships and delivering service excellence.
- Ensure compliance with quality and Operational Excellence reporting and deliverables.
- Ensure compliance with safety policies and protocol’ s as well as OSHA standards and perform related audits as needed.
- High School Diploma a minimum; Higher education preferred.
- 10 + years of experience in hands on management experience in an ASME fabrication shop.
- Background working with complete operations in a fast pace fabrication facility.
- Thorough understanding of B31.3 Pipe Welding and Weld Procedures GTAW/SMAW/FCAW and combinations of each is necessary for the role.
- Progress reporting, detailed scheduling adherence, good computer skills for general spreadsheets, and progress reporting is necessary for the role.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written are a must for this role.
- Good time management skills, creative problem solver, and Self-motivated.
- Experience in cutting, forming, welding, machining, and other fabrication shop duties is necessary for the role. Skid Assembly experience is a plus.
- Background knowledge of all disciplines associated with typical pipe/skid fabrication shop.
- Strong understanding of shop safety, audits, and working with OSHA. OSHA Certification preferred
- Excellent benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks or your application.