Geology Data Administrator
- Crescent Valley, NV -
Geology Data Administrator
Location: Crescent Valley, Nevada
Salary: $75K to $95K (based on experience)
Duration: Direct Hire
- 5+ years’ experience in the operation and management of geological data and
- Experience and knowledge of Acquire database software.
- Experience and knowledge of ArcGIS.
- Ability to program and design database scripts and queries.
- Advanced skills in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Exposure to Vulcan mining software packages, preferred.
- Experience within and knowledge of the mining industry, field sampling, laboratory processes and QA/QC as applied to sampling and assay.
- Able to travel in the Nevada area.
- Qualifications in Science, Information Technology or Engineering.
- Certification in Database and/or Data Management.
- Must have a valid state-issued Drivers License.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Establish, maintain and ensure back-up of Geology data on the mine server.
- Maintain the Geology digital filing structure on the mine server.
- Integrate existing geological data from drilling, mapping and resource projects for use in GIS and mine planning applications.
- Train users in GIS technologies, related spatial data storage & functionality.
- Develop and produce thematic mine-scale & regional maps.
- Coordinate and implement digital mapping applications into the daily function of the Geology team.
- Ensure effectiveness of the Geology digital mapping system, establish procedures and monitor system performance.
- Develop, implement and upgrade field data collection methods, including mobile mapping systems, remotely collected slope monitoring data and survey data collected for Geology.
- Interface with on and offsite laboratories to ensure effective dispatch of samples, effective laboratory turn-around-times, correct return of assay data, resolution of problems with samples received by labs and with assay data returned.
- Conduct QA/QC analysis on all laboratory assay data with prompt action to flag, record and resolve QA/QC issues.
- Review and ensure that all data related to drilling, field sampling and mapping is collected and accurately entered into the database.
- Routinely check that all Geologists are accurately recording and entering geological data per procedures and to quality defined.
- Conduct regular drill rig and laboratory inspections to assess the quality of data being captured, sampling and analysis practices.
- Supervise implementation of new field technologies including GIS mapping and potentially digital production tracking.
Due to the high volume of applicants we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 2 weeks of submitting your application.