11200 Mesa Dr Houston, TX 77078
HSE Coordinator - Bilingual
The primary function of this role is to support the management of Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) processes. THE Bilingual HSE Coordinator supports the creation of a strong culture that engages employees in the achievement of the company’ s goal of zero HSE incidents.
- Support the deployment of HSE targets and objectives in support of HSE strategic initiatives designed to drive HSE culture, compliance, and results.
- Support individual leadership team members, functional managers, and front-line leaders in completion of action-based goals to support the site’ s HSE targets and objectives.
- Support completion of site and workstation-level risk assessments.
- Support site efforts to ensure that key HSE operational controls are in place and that HSE action items are resolved on a timely basis.
- Provide training to all department personnel on a variety of safety and health topics.
- Assist with HSE modifications and recommend new equipment and production processes.
- Coordinate plant emergency action plans.
- Lead the development and coordination of plans to meet environmental regulations, corporate initiatives and customer driven requirements.
- Track, maintain, and report HSE data analysis specific to the site performance, regulatory and corporate standards.
- Maintain and enhance our relationship with the community.
- Provide assistance and advise on HSE issues to make recommendations to facility management.
- Participate in detailed incident investigations and promote incident investigations and promote incident prevention for the benefit of employees and visitors.
- Conduct the weekly inspection of the Hazardous Waste Storage Area and waste storage area.
- Conduct daily and monthly HSE Meeting as needed.
- Ensure proper use and maintenance of PPE.
- Follow up and assist with New Employee Orientations.
- Maintain positive and proactive relations with managers and employees, as well as our customers and regulatory agencies.
- Write, implement and manage HSE Programs, Policies and Procedures.
- Must be familiar with International Logistics and Stock Management, Raw Materials, Production processes, Procurement & Strategic planning.
- 2 years direct/indirect management experience.
- 2+ years negotiation experience.
- Microsoft Office proficiency required to include Word and Excel.
- QMS System experience (ISO 9001: 2008, API Q1, Q2, or others) preferred.
- Must have high level organization and common-sense skills.
- Must have the ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization based on facts and have the ability to look at situations from several points of view.
- Must be bilingual in English and Spanish.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
**Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 2 weeks of submitting your application.**