Hotel Maintenance Engineer
Hotel Maintenance Engineer
A large organization group is looking for a Hotel Maintenance Engineer to help maintain one of their asset hotel properties in the Atlanta, GA metropolitan area. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Position Type: Direct Hire
Position Location: Atlanta, GA
Position Pay: 13/HR – 18/HR (Depending on Experience)
# of Positions: 2
- Responsible for the safe, efficient maintenance and operation of the hotels physical structure.
- Respond and attend to guest repair requests; Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests.
- Understand and operate advanced electrical, plumbing, refrigeration, and boiler systems.
- Communicate with different types of people to comprehend what they want and to provide them with information and assistance.
- Preform maintenance activities in the guest room like plunging toilets, unclogging drains, repairing all types of hardware, electrical equipment including lamps, air conditioners, chillers, / HVAC and AC ducts.
- Test, troubleshoot and perform basic repair on all types of equipment
- To clean, lubricate, protect, and otherwise maintain all tools and equipment in the hotel.
- To operate as an independent mechanic by analyzing problems, identifying courses of action, and implementing solutions with available resources and to a high degree of quality.
- Maintains the hotel facility and related equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Chief Engineer.
- High School Diploma/GED required, Bachelor’ s Degree preferred.
- Must have 2-5 Years of employment in a similar or related position in the hotel industry
- Requires intermediate to advanced knowledge of building management/engineering.
- May require advanced working knowledge of other major areas in the hotel, and the skill to integrate and communicate that information.
- Must have strong working knowledge in the following areas: General plumbing, refrigeration, air conditioning, electrical systems, boilers, bathroom fixtures and tiling, painting – prep to finish, wall covering, basic carpentry and grounds keeping.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments and must be able to work under pressure situations and exercise good judgement.
- Ability to focus attention on details, speed and accuracy.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of hotel guests and pertinent hotel information.
- Ability to read and understand test equipment, measuring devices, and safety manuals.
- Read and understand blueprints, schematic drawings, and technical parts breakdown.
- Must have a strong background analyzing data, information and/or activities involving some original data manipulation or interpretation to arrive at logical conclusions.
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks of submitting your application.