- Sugar Land, TX 77479
Our client, a litigation law firm in SW Houston is seeking a Legal Secretary on a contract basis. The firm handles a wide range of complex litigation cases involving maritime matters, toxic tort litigation, insurance defense and insurance disputes.
Location: SW Houston
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics; coordinating case preparation.
- Conserves attorneys time by reading, researching, reviewing, verifying, and routing correspondence, reports and legal documents; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications.
- Maintains attorney calendar by planning and scheduling conferences, teleconferences, dispositions, and travel; recording and monitoring court appearance dates, pleadings, and filing requirements; monitoring evidence-gathering; anticipating changes in litigation or transaction preparation requirements.
- Generates revenues by documenting and inputting attorney billable time and reimbursable expenses.
- Maintains client confidence by keeping client/attorney information confidential.
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems.
- Minimum of 3 years recent Legal Secretary experience
- Typing speed of 65wpm
- Minimum of an Associate’ s degree; Bachelor’ s degree is a plus
- Knowledge of administrative hearing and court rules procedures.
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within two weeks of submitting your application.