1110 Centennial Avenue Houston, Texas 77076
Seeking a Logistics / Supply Chain Coordinator
Location: Houston, TX
Salary: $50, 000 – $70, 000
- Logistics for the allocated products.
- Warehouse management for the allocated products.
- All administrative functions (customer service, administrative support) for the allocated products.
- Imports (scheduling and tracking moves from port to destination and handling all import documents) following up on incoming overseas shipments.
- Booking and tracking truck moves for the allocated products.
- Booking and tracking railcar moves for the allocated products.
- Answer any questions from internal and external contacts regarding status of shipments.
- Handle all warehouse issues.
- Find new warehouses and tanks for the allocated products when necessary.
- Negotiate and define rates with warehouses and tank terminals.
- Creating and sending survey instructions.
- Negotiate freight rates with carriers and railcar companies. This includes initial negotiation as well as continuous optimization of rates.
- Process freight and warehouse expenses.
- Document all specific customer requirements in the system (delivery instructions, delivery times, etc.)
- Investigate and solve all logistics issues.
- Manage, administer and process claims relating to the allocated products (if necessary in cooperation with the product manager).
- Document price agreements with carriers and warehouses.
- Assisting product manager with inventory control. Updating and managing the respective inventory lists.
- Entering purchase and sales orders and sending them to the respective contacts.
- Administer all purchase and sales orders in NAV.
- Invoice outgoing sales immediately after shipment has been effected.
- Process credit and debit notes to suppliers and customers, when necessary.
- Process supplier invoices, debit notes, etc.
- Creating CofA’ s for outgoing shipments and sending them to the customers.
- Prepare and distribute documentation for outgoing shipments.
- Document and archived documentation for incoming shipments.
- Covering phones when necessary, along with other colleagues that share this responsibility.
- Following up on unpaid overdue invoices with customers.
- Bachelor’ s degree in any field or Associate’ s degree in any field plus at least three years’ work experience in the logistics field
- Must have experience moving Chemical products from A to B
- Experience with Navision, Excel, Word, Outlook, Topix,
- Good communication and negotiation skills.
- Good time management, prioritizing and organizational skills.
- Ability to work self-sufficient but within a team.
- Must have experience with chemical products.
- Experience with Freight rates, negotiation, and logistics.
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 2 weeks of submitting your application.