An oil and gas services company is looking for a Machinist to join their team. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply!
Job Type: Contract to Hire
Job Pay: $19/HR
Job Location: NE Houston
• Under minimal supervision, provide machining services of oilfield connections
• Manufacture and repair of fishing, rental and casing tools
• Fabricate and modify tools and equipment
• Operate metalworking machine tools, such as lathe, milling machine, shaper, or grinder to machine parts to specifications
• Calculate and set controls to regulate machining, or enter commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media
• Measure, examine, and test completed units to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications
• Install repaired parts into equipment and operate equipment to verify operational efficiency
• Clean, lubricate, and maintain machines, tools, and equipment to remove grease, rust, stains, and foreign matter
• Cut and shape sheet metal and heat and bend metal to specified shape
• Recut and repair A.P.I. connections
• Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
• 3-5 year experience in a related field
• Extensive ability and knowledge of operating hollow spindle lathe, rotary drill press and various hand tools such as grinders, debur, etc.
• Use and read basic measuring tools; Ability to read and understand blueprints
• Ability to drive/operate loader and forklift
• The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations
• May be required to provide leadership and training to Machinist I and II’ s