800 Gessner Suite 170 Houston, TX 77024
Our client, fast-growing professional services firm, is seeking a Marketing Specialist to work directly with the company’ s Head of Marketing in their Houston office (Memorial City area). This person will be responsible for managing and executing key digital and offline marketing campaigns for the company. This person must be extremely digitally savvy, project management oriented, fast-paced (yet highly-detailed), and have top notch business / copy-writing skills.
Salary: $45-50K + Benefits
Location: Houston, Texas
While every day is different, here’ s a “ typical” day:
- Develop an email newsletter in Mailchimp to send to clients. Write the content and then work in Mailchimp to compose and send the message.
- Set up a Zapier task to connect Mailchimp to Google Sheets.
- Write a 400 word, SEO friendly guest blog post and reach out to bloggers to determine interest in running the post.
- Contact local event spaces to gather information for potential client event.
- Set up new event in Eventbrite and link to company’ s Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn pages.
- Run SEMRush keyword analysis report – analyze report to determine keyword opportunities.
- Explore potential email outreach tools – and present recommended tool to Head of Marketing
The following are some of the tools you will use in this role. You do not have to currently be an expert in all of these tools, but if you do not have first-hand experience with at least 5-7 of them, you’ re probably going to struggle in this role:
- Active Campaign
- Google Analytics
- Google Sheets
- Social Media: Facebook / Youtube / Twitter / LinkedIn
- Develop, coordinate, and execute digital marketing campaigns.
- Manage performance metrics, including project and campaign analytics, efficiency metrics, brand metrics, customer metrics, and overall return on investment for digital marketing and communications initiatives and makes recommendations based on findings.
- Manage and handle all writing, copywriting, editing, and proofing of marketing materials, web content, social media posts, blogs, and online advertising.
- Execute company-wide social media strategy.
- Achieve digital marketing goals by working with and external designers.
- Bachelor’ s Degree or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- 3-5 years professional experience in fast-paced digital marketing, marketing, advertising, or communications environment.
- Extremely digitally savvy, project management oriented, fast-paced (yet highly-detailed), and have top notch business / copywriting skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Deadline driven.
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks of submitting your application.