An oil and gas services company is looking for a Material Handler to join their team. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply!
Job Type: Contract to Hire
Job Pay: $13/HR - $14/HR
Job Location: Odessa, TX
• Perform any combination of the following tasks to receive, store, and distribute materials, tools, equipment, and products within establishment.
• Read production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
• Convey materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated area by hand, forklift, or other.
• Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence, such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
• Fill requisitions, work orders, or requests for materials, tools, or other stock items and distribute.
• Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, or pack and forward to shipping department.
• Open crates, and other containers, using hand tools.
• Records amount of materials or items received or distributed.
• Verify quantities and count independently as required.
• Assist with material handling needs.
• Prepare UPS shipments as required.
• Forward receiving paperwork to Data Entry after counting and indicating location on receiving document.
• Inspect warehouse equipment for proper operation.
• Accept incoming shipments from ship or vendors.
• Clear all Purchase Orders.
• Know and understand Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
• Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies.
• Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
• Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
• May include outdoor work
• May include varying weather conditions
• May include rotational and/or shift work in excess of 12 hours and 14 days