NetApp System Engineer
1929 Allen Parkway Houston, TX 77019
Seeking a Systems Engineer with NetApp experience
Salary: $100, 000 - $140, 000
Location: Houston, TX
25% NetApp support/maintenance
25% Nutanix support/maintenance (will train, if needed)
20% VMware vSphere
10% Cohesity backup appliances
20% Windows systems support
- The primary responsibilities of this role will be for the build, configuration, and support of storage systems, including NetApp FAS, NetApp SolidFire, Nutanix Hyper-Converged Infrastructure (HCI), VMware vSphere (when needed), Cisco UCS blade servers, and Cisco Nexus FC switches.
- Related duties may include management of SMB/CIFS shares, file and folder management, data protection devices, including Cohesity or Rubrik appliances as well as other project related work.
- This role is required to act as a tier three support engineer, so evening and weekend work may be required.
- Leads assigned areas of the IT Systems Infrastructure as well as junior engineers. Provides cross training and offers expert advice. Manages and develops infrastructure documentation.
- Reviews and designs systems that will support the infrastructure and business applications.
- Maintains and monitors infrastructure components for latest versions; performs health checks and maintenance, which may require after hours or weekend duties.
- Mentors junior members of the team while developing rapport, respect, and effective communication with all those interacted with, including IT and business owners.
- Leads and manages projects through completion while insuring minimal impact to the business and that various requirements and defined expectations are met.
- Evaluates solutions to meet infrastructure needs and makes recommendations to management for future strategies and tools to accomplish this.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent technical training is preferred.
- Must have experience with NetApp, and/or Nutanix
- NetApp cluster mode and snapmirror
- 10 years of directly related experience as a systems engineer using various infrastructure components such as Active Directory, VMware, enterprise storage, networking and other applications listed below.
- Knowledge with the following programs/systems:
- NetApp FAS or SolidFire All Flash Arrays
- Design, including knowledge of Fibre Channel (FC) zoning and iSCSI protocols
- Enterprise Backup software and Data Protection appliances
- Cohesity or Rubrik appliances
- NetApp snapshot and replication tools, including Snap Manager for Exchange (SME)
- ExaGrid disk arrays
- Nutanix Hyper-Converged Infrastructure (HCI)
- VMware vSphere 5.5 or newer
- Storage concepts, such as VMFS, NFS, etc.
- Cisco UCS or HP blade servers
Due to the high volume of applicants we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 2 weeks of submitting your application.