NE Houston, TX
A very large and established distribution and supply company is looking for an Operations Manager in the NE Houston, TX area to help with all aspects of warehousing, receiving, inventory control, order pulling, logistics, and fleet management. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Position Type: Direct Hire
Position Location: NE Houston, TX
Position Salary: Base Salary Market (Depending on Experience) + Profit Sharing
- Supervise, schedule and train staff to ensure efficient, effective and profitable operations of all job functions.
- Assist in the recruitment, development, training, coaching, evaluation of the profit center team.
- Analyze sales and inventory performance reports and implement appropriate strategies to increase sales, improve operation efficiencies, manage assets, and increase ROI and profit sharing.
- Review Daily sales and inventory reports and address issues immediately
- Evaluate inventory management reports regularly to ensure an accurate and efficient physical inventory.
- Resolve all customer, vendor and carrier complaints and disputes quickly and efficiently
- Ensure the profit center conducts all business in accordance with company policy and procedures
- Maintain and insist upon a safe working environment in compliance with company safety standards, OSHA and other applicable regulations.
- Safeguard and maintain all company assets: Buildings, fleet, equipment, inventory, receivables, etc.
- Create and nurture a positive team environment in the facility among employees
- Build and maintain a positive working relationship with customers, vendors, and coworkers.
- Interpret performance report data and determine effectiveness of business operations; Take appropriate actions to adjust processes to maximize profitability.
- Perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’ s degree in business, management, or other related industry backgrounds.
- 3+ years’ experience in wholesale distribution
- 3+ years’ experience working in a management/supervisory role, managing personnel
- Advanced knowledge of MS office is a must
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written are a must
- Advanced customer service skills are necessary for the role, which include working with customers and vendors
- Comprehensive knowledge of OSHA, DOT, and other material handling/facility regulations are a plus.
- Experience working with Eclipse and Mincron software is a plus
- Understanding of products and product knowledge related to the business is preferred
- Must possess a clean driving record and have a valid driver’ s license.
- Full Benefits: (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Profit Sharing
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks or your application.