PM - Consultant
9433 Bee Caves Rd. Bldg. 3 | Ste. 125 Austin, TX 78733
Seeking a PM Consultant
Location: Austin, TX
Pay rate: $45.00 - $50.00.hr
Part time, about 20 hours per week.
- This Consultant is a Project Manager who is accountable for doing whatever it takes to achieve the client’ s goals while maintaining unquestionable ethical standards.
- Consistently makes decisions that result in successful outcomes.
- Finds solutions to difficult and complex issues using problem solving skills.
- Capable of managing time to achieve the best possible results, so that critical tasks are consistently completed on or before schedule.
- Prepares for and successfully manages changes to individuals, teams, and projects.
- Successfully manages the revision process with all relevant stakeholders.
- Openly accepts constructive feedback and effectively works towards implementing necessary changes.
- Proficient in modern computers and software.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
- Manages day-to-day client interaction.
- Sets and manages client expectations.
- Builds a knowledge base of each client' s business, organization, and objectives.
- Complies with standard policies and procedures.
- Creates and executes detailed project management plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Identifies and manages resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities.
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a program or project.
- Consistently focuses on reducing risk and adding value on the project.
- Reviews deliverables prepared by team and ensures they meet the expected quality bar before passing to client.
- Comfortably and successfully delivers feedback, especially negative realities.
- Comfortably and successfully relates up, down, and across organizational lines.
- Able to use numerical reasoning to analyze, understand, and solve math related challenges.
- Completes analytical reading and accurately interprets standard business documents.
- Versed in standard project methodologies (Waterfall and Agile).
- Versed in standard PMBOK project management framework.
- Versed in standard software development lifecycles (Waterfall and Agile Models).
- Maintains required certification(s) (PMP).
- Versed in standard quality management methodologies (Lean, Six Sigma, ISO 9001, TQM, and Benchmarking.
- Versed in the language, roles, and responsibilities of professional services such as accounting, legal, IT, HR, etc.
- Able to develop a bid strategy, write proposals, and manage the competitive bid process.
- Versed in classical business strategy models.
- Versed in a wide range of strategic planning methodologies (PEST, Scenario planning, Porter five forces, SWOT, Balanced Scorecard, and Responsive evaluation).
- Understands Internet, Intranet, extranet, and common architectures.
- Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential impact or application on client engagements.
- Able to lead and facilitate successful technical workshops.
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 2 weeks of submitting your application.