Houston, Texas 77010
Successful O&G related company is seeking a Payroll Manager to join their team. The ideal candidate will have 8+ years in a leadership position. This position manages a payroll team and payroll operations which includes the preparation, reconciliation, processing and distribution of wages, taxes and journal entries.
Salary: 75, 000-95, 000 + Bonus Potential
Location: Downtown, Houston
- Manage and oversee the day-to-day activities of the payroll operations team; resolve payroll discrepancies, with minimal direction or guidance.
- Manage the correct input/import of all pay related data
- Develop, coach, motivate and train payroll operations team. Provide clear direction and guidance to subordinates for all non-recurring transactions, corrections, reversals and adjustments.
- Ensures the adherence to all state and federal pay related laws, including FLSA overtime.
- Establish and maintain payroll controls and payroll related procedures for SOX compliance.
- Create payroll queries to ensure accuracy and to assist with pre- and post-payroll balancing and audits.
- Ensure accurate and timely payment of employee wages and the prompt and accurate resolution of any errors.
- Manage the annual year-end W-2 reconciliation process; ensuring complete accuracy and timeliness.
- Participate in the testing of all changes that support and implement payroll enhancements or regulatory updates. Manage other projects and new initiatives as required.
- Assess payroll processes and procedures for effectiveness and implement changes for improvement to increase efficiency and service quality. Initiate/participate in all future projects related to payroll.
- Partner with and manage 3rd party vendors: payroll/tax services, pay cards, etc. Ensure compliance.
- Interact and team with time keeping system owners to ensure accurate reporting of hours.
- A Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or a related field of study, or equivalent years of related work experience.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of work experience in payroll processing for companies with over 1000 employees with complex pay programs.
- Strength in payroll calculations, corrections, deductions and year end reconciliation.
- Strength in federal and state garnishment/child support calculation laws and regulations.
- Strength in federal and state wage and hour laws pertaining to the payroll function.
- Strength in tax filings/reconciliations and in payroll accounting entries/reconciliations
- Prior supervisory/managerial experience required.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) preferred.
- Strength in systems and office applications. ADP EV5, ADPR, eTime, Mi+
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 2 weeks of submitting your application.