NW Houston, TX
An international manufacturing company is looking to hire a plant manager for their manufacturing facility and to help take charge of their processes, results, and delivery. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Position Type: Direct Hire
Position Location: NW Houston, TX
Position Salary: $75, 000 - $90, 000 Base (Depending on Experience) + Bonus
- Overseeing the fabrication facility (which will include 50 employees, and 3 supervisors) and reporting to Operations Manager
- Overseas daily assembly and distribution operations for Houston facility, including production, inspection, paint and repair, shipping/receiving and material handling
- Manage monthly/ daily production plans based on sales plan and material availability
- Empowers the teams with a managerial style that is collaborative, inclusive, and balanced in approach to achieve results.
- Collaborate cross-functionally, and externally with suppliers and customers to promote dealer delight and operational excellence
- Manages facility with results driven approach (safety, quality, productivity, delivery) and develops sustainable processes to achieve them
- Optimizes layout and flow of material, production, from receipt to final shipment
- Ensure adherence to quality and inspection standards in all work areas
- Develop and maintain consistent standards for tools and equipment
- Ensure timely maintenance of all shop equipment
- Ensure condition of inventory & housekeeping using 5S / visual management and lean standards
- Manage production office, ensuring adherence to processes, systems, timeliness and accuracy of communication and transactions. Manage with a customer-centric approach.
- Coordinate regular cycle count of material; Semi / annual complete audit and reconciliation. Ensure first-in, first out (FIFO) assignment of inventoried material
- Promote safe work environment and culture
- Drives continuous improvement initiatives by leveraging best practices, promoting engagement in safety, pride in workmanship and overall operational excellence.
- Bachelor’ s degree a minimum, a focus in engineering or industrial background is a plus
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written are necessary for the role, to converse with internal and external employees, clients, and upper management in person and via phone and email; Bilingual ability in Spanish is a plus.
- 7+ years’ experience managing a small to medium sized manufacturing / distribution facility
- Experience working in 5S or lean / continuous-improvement environments. Six Sigma background or certifications are a plus.
- Excellent problem resolution, organization and planning skills are required.
- Experienced in use of ERP systems (preferably SAP), Microsoft Office products, (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced production environment. Self-directed, highly motivated individual with proven ability to motivate teams, drive performance through continuous improvement, employee engagement, and accountability. U.S. military service is a plus
- Full Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- 401K + Matching
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks or your application.