Principal Advisor Value Chain Optimization, BI and CTC
- Chicago, Illinois -
Seeking a Principal Advisor Value Chain Optimization, BI and CTC
Location: Chicago, IL
Salary: $115, 000 - $130, 000
- This role is responsible for leading the implementation of global borate commercial strategies and tactics. Ensuring the optimal mix of products is available across the globe to support the commercial sales strategy, minimize costs, and meet inventory targets
- Responsible for Commercial systems strategy. Identify future needs and enable the Commercial team with tools to succeed in the 5 year plan
- Identifying and defining business requirements for Commercial systems and representing Commercial needs from proposal through change management and support.
- Initiating Change Requests for CTC: prioritization, budgeting, design, testing, change management, post go-live support.
- Working in partnership with IS&T to ensure IS&T deliver and maintain the Commercial systems essential to execution of the Commercial strategy
- Primary systems liaison to stakeholders outside Borates, including the Commercial team, IS&T and other Business Units.
- Participate in and speak for RTB for major global projects (TMS, eCommerce, CRM, ISOP, etc)
- Serve as RTB CTC Process Improvement Lead for RTBS. Deliver continuous improvement and execute limited restricted access tasks (e.g. saleable material creation)
- Manage portfolio of Business Improvement (BI) projects related to Global Supply Chain and ensure annual BI targets are met
- Manage BI from project/idea generation, to valuation, Investment Committee approval and implementation
- Act as project manager on certain key BI projects.
- Track progress and projects regarding timelines, resources and costs to ensure project meets stated objectives. Continuous updates and communication to project stakeholders regarding progress.
- Determining which projects to pursue given limited resources, capabilities and budgets while ensuring BI targets are achieved.
- Coordinate activities with operations counterpart.
- Train in SIOP process and provide back-up and support.
- Financial analysis and margin estimation to support new projects and optimize value chain.
- 5+ Years’ Experience in Commercial systems design (ERP, CRM)
- Demonstrated ability to conduct business analysis and financial modeling
- Capital project management ($500k+ budget)
- Ability to gather data from inside and outside sources and to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent analytical and communication skills, and advanced English written skills for report writing and presentation
- Interpersonal, communication & negotiation skills
- Ability to operate in matrix organization
- Strong internal and external stakeholder management skills
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 2 weeks of submitting your application.