Principle Security Engineer and Architect
- Washington D.C., District Of Columbia -
Seeking a Principle Security Engineer and Architect
Location: Washington D.C.
Salary: $140, 000 – $160, 000
- Seeking a seasoned cyber security engineer and architect with proven understanding in enterprise security focused on building tool sets and processes to support the Information Security Program (ISP).
- In this role, the candidate will develop and implement cyber security architecture and technology solutions to address the current and emerging cloud security requirements of the organization.
- Performs project management activities for multiple information security projects; gap analysis, vendor product evaluations, current systems maintenance, and new system implementations.
- The incumbent will be responsible for future and target state architecture design for cybersecurity capabilities.
- Proactively analyzes and anticipates change in the cyber-threat landscape and designs effective countermeasure solutions.
- This role is both a strategic thinking and hands-on execution that will provide the right candidate an exciting opportunity to leverage and grow technical, process and leadership skills.
- Foster a security-centric and consultative relationship with the business, mine sites, and other IT teams
- Review existing security architecture, identifies design gaps, and recommends security enhancements
- Stay abreast of emerging security technologies and integrates them into security architecture as needed
- Provide consultation, architecture to project teams on security best practices and security design requirements
- Develop and provide strategic blueprints and roadmaps on cybersecurity capabilities to solutions architects
- Represent department in Enterprise initiatives and planning; and assist with technology strategic roadmap development while ensuring cybersecurity capabilities & technical controls are incorporated
- Design, implement, and manage security practices and solutions for servers, infrastructure, workstations, mobile devices, and industrial control systems, perimeter defense, and other common enterprise technologies
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science or in “ STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- 10+ years’ experience in Information Technology
- 8+ years’ experience in Cyber Security engineering and support
- 5+ years’ experience in cloud governance and architecture
- Must be willing to travel domestic & international
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Northern Virginia, DC Area
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with detection technologies (e.g. Snort, Suricata, Bro, netsniff)
- Minimum of 4 years of experience with scripting languages (e.g. Ruby, Python, Perl, and Powershell)
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with cloud technologies (e.g. AWS, Azure, OpenStack)
- Minimum of 1 year of experience with secure development life-cycles
- Minimum of 1 year of experience with identity management and authentication
- 5-7 years of experience administering Windows and Unix-like operating systems (e.g. Linux, OSX)
- 5-7 years’ experience administering orchestration tools such as Puppet, SALTStack, Chef, or Ansible
- Experience with CheckPoint (R80) and Cisco ASA firewalls.
- Experience with Cisco AMP and Cisco Email Security Appliances
- Experience with multifactor authentication mechanisms
- Experience with the Cisco networking technology stack, including VPN
- Experience in Enterprise logging, log analysis and correlation engines
- Nice to have familiarity with industrial control systems Cyber Security norms and standards (IEC62443, NERC-CIP, ANSSI, ISO 27k…)
- Prior experience working within an Agile framework (Scrum/Kanban)
- One or more Security Certifications or equivalent (CISSP, etc.)
- One or more Platform Certifications or equivalent (RHCE, LFCE, etc.)
- Knowledge of CI/CD and automation tools (Chef, Git, Jenkins)
- Experience in securing cloud infrastructure such as AWS, Azure and alike (i.e., inspection, logging, WAF, VM)
- Experience in deployment of cloud controls for infrastructure, platform, and applications (IaaS/SaaS/PaaS), specifically within AWS, Azure and GCP
- Familiarity with data analytics and machine learning principles and techniques
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across locations
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 2 weeks of submitting your application.