Process Safety System Architect
Suite 130 Houston, Texas 77043
Seeking a Process Safety System Architect
Location: Houston, TX
Salary: $120, 000 – $160, 000
- Utilizing your experience with process safety systems, you will play a key role in the architectural design of our next generation fault tolerant industrial control products.
- Contribute to scalable fault tolerant architectural designs and safety concepts covering both hardware and embedded software aspects.
- Provide estimates for skills and time needed for the design.
- Consider tradeoffs between requirements, speed, cost, and reliability in the choice of a design approach.
- Support/influence negotiations on overall Process Safety System Architecture, project objectives, and requirements. This include interfaces to Basic Process Control System and other platforms within the portfolio.
- Evaluate technology solutions.
- Provide cost/benefit recommendations.
- Perform advance work, including requirements, on a feature before a development team is in place.
- Collaborate with and influence cross-functional teams.
- Provide technical leadership for a large development team or for technical aspects of a multi-team project.
- Roughly 25% travel
- Bachelor’ s degree, preferred in Electrical, Software, Computer Engineering or similar technical discipline
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in product development and release of electronic hardware systems
- Extensive experience with Process Safety
- Experience developing fault tolerant architectural designs, safety concepts, and safety requirements specifications for electronic hardware products and systems that meet functional safety standards (IEC 61508, IEC 61511 or ISA84) or meet requirements of process safety applications (fault tolerant SIL3, high availability)
- Experience specifying or implementing process safety / safety instrumented systems that meet IEC 61511 for industries such as oil and gas, refining, industrial power generation, chemicals, or mining
- Formal process safety training from a recognized body such as exida, ISA, or TUV
- Experience performing availability analysis of redundant elements (e.g., using software such as BlockSim)
- Experience simulating analog circuit performance and reliability (e.g., using software such as MathCad)
- Experience performing PFD/PFH calculations for safety applications
- Professional certification related to process safety such as Certified Functional Safety Expert, Certified Functional Safety Practitioner, or ISA84
- 4+ years of experience leading technical teams of 5+ people
- Experience developing electronic hardware systems that meet product certification requirements, such as CE and IEC 61010
- Master’ s degree in preferred in Electrical, Software, Computer Engineering or similar technical discipline
- Experience working with global team members on multi-campus product development
- Experience with design analysis tools such as schematic capture, PCB design, timing analysis, and signal integrity
- Experience developing electronic hardware systems that meet security standards, such as IEC 62443
- Knowledge of industrial communications interfaces and protocols such as Ethernet IP
- Experience designing embedded systems, including the development of embedded code using C/C++
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 2 weeks of submitting your application.