Missouri City, TX 77489
Position Type: Contract to Hire
Position Location: Missouri City
Position Pay: $18/HR - $22/HR
• The Production Technician will work under the direction of the Production Manager during the assembly of downhole and other battery packs. From time to time, they will be asked to support engineering with testing and prototype builds and documentation.
• Works with Production to learn all phases of battery pack manufacturing and all safety aspects.
• Contributes to the build of test fixture creation for both new products and associated test fixtures during the Product Development Process (PDP).
• Performs tests on various components, including cells, PCA, mechanical to ensure compatibility with the design.
• Participates in documentation reviews for added improvements and corrections.
• Sustains product via the Return Material Authorization process: NCM or Service as assigned.
• Works with team on manufacturing and test improvements that ensure Quality and Reliability.
• Contributes to documentation for new manufacturing processes and methods.
• Works with and may lead training efforts of the production team on new products
• May provide real-time support in resolving operational issues on the floor.
• 2 year technical certificate, 2 year associates degree in engineering, or 7 years direct experience
• Experience: Minimum 7 years production technician or equivalent
• Technical Skills and Knowledge:
o IPC certification experience: if certification expired, be willing to re-certify
o Solder Kit acceptance: Hands on Solder kit test provided at to assess quality of soldering to IPC Class II:
? Fine connector with cups
? J hook
? No wicking of wires
o Knowledge of proper solder and de-solder techniques on electronics
o Ability to recognize and understand basic electronic component functionality
o Working knowledge and familiarity with typical lab equipment
o Proficient in Microsoft Office
o Mechanical repair and maintenance of machines and tools on the manufacturing floor and labs