NW Houston, TX
A large systems integrator company is looking for a strong Project Coordinator to help with custom client systems and projects in their facility and will be the key contact for assigned customers. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Position Type: Direct Hire or Contract to Hire.
Position Location: Houston (NW Houston)
Position Salary: $60, 000 - $100, 000 (Depending on Experience)
- Review and understand completely Customer’ s Request for Quote (RFQ) and specifications.
- Support Sales with preliminary engineering activities, including system & process design specifications.
- Review projected budgets.
- Review installation concerns and coordination plans.
- Coordinate internally with Sales, Operations, Engineering, and Purchasing to organize all electrical project aspects and ensure each department understands their project role and expected tasks.
- Understand and contribute to project schedule and fabrication lead times to assure delivery schedule.
- Prepare required documents for QMS system to remain compliant on the job.
- Follow up with others to maintain task completion on time
- Review and approve designs for proper function, safety aspects and good engineering practices.
- Submit, monitor and review status of design submittal packages to customer.
- Initiate and monitor change orders required by scope and design changes
- Prepare electrical installation packages for field personnel per project schedule and start up instructions and ensure that installations meet customer’ s requirements and specifications.
- Collect and ensure all documentation is completed as required (Checklists, time sheets, work logs)
- Monitor and work with all departments to track and ensure costs come in at or under budget
- Act as supervisor on-site for production crews
- Lead safety talks and address safety issues
- Ensure proper hot work permits and other authorization is accounted for
- Plan for proper staffing levels on job sites
- B.S. Degree (Electrical Engineering or Construction Management preferred) from an accredited university or school, or 10 years of experience.
- At least 5+ in relevant work experience.
- Must be able to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, technical procedures and government regulations.
- Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and peers.
- PMP certification preferred
- Should be proficient with CAD, preferably AutoCAD electrical, MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Project)
- Strong communication skills are a must for this role.
- Must be able to travel 15% - 20% for projects domestically.
- Full Benefits
- 401K + Matching
Due to the high volume of applicants we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 2 weeks of submitting your application.