Quality Control Inspector
NW Houston, TX
An oil and gas services company is looking for a Quality Control Inspector to join their team. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply!
Location: NW Houston, TX
Pay Rate: $17/HR - $18/HR
Job Type: Contract to Hire
• Perform Quality Control Inspections on various new and used components in a Repair and Maintenance Workshop.
• Performs dimensional and visual inspections on all specified parts according to the engineering criteria laid out in the quality documents.
• Prepares Non-Conformance Reports for any parts found not to be within specification; dispositions those with routine damage, forwards any with non-routine damage to Product Engineering for disposition.
• Prepares and dispositions Non-Conformance Reports for parts from service and inventory that require modification due to design changes.
• Able to read and interpret Drawings, MTR’ s, C of C, NDE reports, and Calibration reports while ensuring all were completed and uploaded for historical evidence.
• Verifies inspection tools that are used have been calibrated and the calibrations have not expired; makes supervisor aware of tools with expired calibrations and removes tools from use; performs calibrations where qualified.
• Must be available to work weekends; on call 24/7
• Schedule 3rd party inspections as needed
• Perform various other duties assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
Demonstrate a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment.
• Attending mandatory safety meetings and maintaining Company property and equipment in safe operating conditions at all times.