SE Houston, TX
A leading manufacturing and distribution company is seeking a Quality Manager to provide assurance that internal controls and business processes are effective, operating as planned, and evaluate compliance with the company’ s policies and programs. All Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Position Type: Direct Hire
Position Location: SE Houston, TX
Position Salary: $80, 000-$95, 000 + Bonus (Depending on Experience)
- Continually improve vendor compliance, NCR’ s and order fulfillment accuracy.
- Establish the overall requirements for QA specifications and standards for materials, processes and finished products.
- Work with the Draftsman to ensure drawings accurately communicate these requirements to Sales, Operations, and Customers as necessary.
- Review product and process non-conformance and recommend remedial actions including but not limited to vendor non-conformance, modifications of processes, products or QA standards where warranted.
- Ensure customer returns are resolved in a timely manner.
- Manage the Non-Conforming Product inventory.
- Conduct QA compliance audits of products and processes, both internally and at local vendors.
- Coordinates with local mechanical and NDT testing facilities and engineering organizations (API, ASME, etc.)
- Direct and coordinate compliance with all applicable standards to ISO 9001.
- Schedules, sets agenda, and chairs Management Review/Quality Review Committee meetings quarterly.
- Maintain the calibration system.
- Manage Inspection department which consists of 10 inspectors and other related personnel
- High School Diploma a minimum, Bachelor’ s degree preferred; Technical background
- 5+ years’ experience working in a quality background; Industrial PVF products background a plus
- Previous Management Experience is necessary for the role
- Experience working in an ISO 9001 environment and understanding the standards is necessary for the role
- Must have understanding and knowledge working with API/ASME specifications
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral are required; Bilingual ability in English & Spanish is a plus
- Ability to build and manage multiple relationships with customers, suppliers, and vendors
- Must be versed in Six Sigma for the role; Six Sigma certification preferred
- Full Benefits
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks of submitting your application.