3114 W. Old Spanish Trail Conroe, TX 77301
Seeking an R&D Electronics Technician
Location: Conroe, TX
Pay rate: $22.00 – $26.00.hr
- As an Electronics Engineering Technician, you’ ll become a key contributor where your skills and input make a big difference.
- In this role, you’ ll assist the engineering team in prototyping, component level root cause analysis, and other tasks related to the development of company’ s technology, specifically MWD systems.
- As part of a multidisciplinary engineering team you’ ll work closely with project stakeholders and management to collaborate and solve real world problems and address them with innovative solutions.
- R&D Technician working with Engineers
- Circuit board rework and modification on fine pitch SMD devices and some through hole components requiring the use of a microscope
- Supporting engineers in an R&D environment
- Read electronic schematics
- Service, repair and modify electronic devices
- Troubleshoot component level circuit boards
- Run board level test protocols for design verification – electronic test equipment
- Good knowledge electronics troubleshooting skills down to component level
- Ability to read electronics and mechanical schematic diagrams
- Ability to solder surface mount components and use of high temperature solder
- Good Verbal and written communications skills
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and the Internet
- Minimum 3-5-year experience in R&M of downhole electronics assemblies (MWD, Wireline, etc.)
- We’ re looking for someone who cares deeply about their craft, someone who is excited by tough technical challenges.
- Creativity, imagination, rapid execution and strong communication skills are critical to build new and exciting products.
- While we want to be scrappy and nimble in the right ways long term technical vision and continuous focus on engineering and operational excellence are essential for success in this role
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 2 weeks of submitting your application.