11200 Mesa Dr Houston, TX 77078
The primary function of this role is to support the Human Resources Department with efficiently and effectively filling open positions.
Compensation: $55K to $65K per year
- Utilize the internet for online venues, newspaper classifieds, with professional organizations and in other position appropriate venues.
- Improve the Company website recruiting section to assist in recruiting.
- Use social and professional networking sites to identify and source candidates.
- Locate and document where to find ideal candidates and create contacts within the industry.
- Establish a recognizable employer of choice reputation for the company, both internally and externally.
- Communicate with manager and employees regularly to establish rapport, gauge morale, and source new candidate leads.
- Attend local professional meetings and membership development meetings.
- Maintain regular contact with possible future candidates.
- Among other potential recruiting and hiring measurements, collect data on cost per hire, time to hire, the impact of continuous improvement process on cost savings, and the improvement of work processes in the time taken or steps involved.
- Additional measurements to consider are employee turnover rate, employee turnover cost, and preventable employee turnover.
- Attend job fairs for recruiting.
- Manage the use of recruiters and headhunters.
- Review applicants to evaluate if they meet the position requirements.
- Conduct prescreening telephone interviews.
- Write and forward rejection letters or contact by telephone any candidates not hired to let them know of company decision.
- Assist in interviewing and selecting candidates in advance of need.
- Arrange interviews by coordinating schedules with the hiring manager and candidates.
- Establish a system with in the Human Resources group to measure outcomes of recruiting versus new hires and relating those results to management.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Assist with project of limited complexity in a support role.
- High School diploma required.
- 3 to 5 years of Human Resources recruiting, relevant experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Familiarity with online job hunting websites.
- Excellent organizational skills and high attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and in support of a Human Resources department.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Project, SharePoint, Publisher, and Adobe Acrobat preferred.
**Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 2 weeks of submitting your application.**