A large services and business solutions company is looking for a qualified Safety Technician in the Lima, Ohio area. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Position Type: Direct Hire
Position Location: Lima, Ohio
Position Pay: $37, 000 - $50, 000 (Depending on Experience)
- The Safety Technician develops plans, organizes, coordinates and monitors safety programs to ensure compliance with occupational safety and health regulations, company and client policies and procedures.
- This position will be required to spend time in a working railyard area
- Manage the implementation of corporate and site-specific safety programs including all applicable Federal, State, and Local Laws; advise on any improvements
- Interface with both craft and staff to pre-plan, identify critical risk and execute safe work practices
- Functions in key support role to the Site Manager
- Work with Key Stakeholders to develop and implement a robust injury case management program.
- Interface with Site Management including (sub) contractors and client representatives
- Support developing, implementing, and revising a site-specific HSE plan (e.g. HSAP); including facility sitting requirements
- Monitor compliance to HSE standards to include conducting scheduled field visits and inspections
- Audit the site HSE management system to determine compliance levels, participate in SER’ s and other site-related audits
- Analyze statistical data, inspection reports and compliance survey results, track and trend results, and make recommendations for recognize achievements
- Assist in the investigation of incidents for root cause identification and preventive action
- Monitor the training requirements for personal protective equipment
- Support managing control of health and environmental hazards and exposures
- Participate in JSIMS and ensure the incident reporting, investigation and recordkeeping process meets requirements
- Complete weekly performance deliverables as outlined
- Develop/deliver technical training material and presentations
- Participate in daily, weekly, and monthly safety meetings
- Provide progress reports weekly to Site manager
- Share combined responsibilities of all safety staff to include overtime for weekend work coverage as needed
- 75-80% of work day will be spent in the field including extensive time in railyard and chemical plant operating units
- High School Diploma a minimum; Advance degree in HSE or related field preferred
- 4+ years of experience or more functioning as a safety professional in Railroad and/or Petrochemical industry – required
- Must have strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Computer based systems and software experience with emphasis on JSIMS, PowerPoint, Excel & Word programs
- Professional safety certifications preferred
- Experience with FRA, DOT, OSHA, and BOE preferred
- Organizing, planning, executing, presentation and training skills are needed
- Self-motivated with demonstrated experience in building relationships
- Inspection, audit, and report writing capabilities are essential for the role.
- Developing technical expertise in HSE
- Relationship-building competencies with multiple employee levels
- Other Duties as assigned
- Available Upon Request
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks or your application.