Senior Hardware Design Engineer
Senior Hardware Design Engineer
A very large industrial manufacturer is looking for a qualified Senior Hardware Design Engineer to help with electronics design and their product development team. This position will help advance and enhance existing and new generation industrial products. All Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Position Type: Direct Hire
Position Location: Milwaukee, WI
Position Salary: 80K – 105K Base (Depending on Experience) + Bonus + Relocation Assistance
- Develop and enhance existing and next generation industrial control products.
- Products include Programmable Logic Controllers, I/O Products, and Communication devices.
- Play a key role in all phases of product development including requirements definition, complex circuit design for embedded systems, functional safety impact assessment, product verification and certification testing, and release to production.
- Work on a team comprised of engineers across multiple disciplines (e.g., mechanical, ASIC/FPGA development, embedded software), project managers, product marketing, and manufacturing & quality organizations to bring our product roadmaps to life.
- Help create an environment that fosters a collaborative and innovative approach to work with teams across the globe.
- Dynamic, fast-paced, and requires a highly motivated individual with a passion for product development.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar related technical discipline; Master’ s Degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in product development and release of electronic hardware systems.
- Must have experience in Microprocessors, high-speed electronics, FPGA, analog experience and DC Power conversion experience, and schematic capture experience.
- Experience with electronic hardware design tools such as schematic capture, PCB design, timing analysis, and signal integrity.
- Capability to effectively utilize Python and/or Rockwell Software programming tools to develop test programs and understand customer applications.
- Preferred Experience:
- Experience developing electronic hardware systems that meet functional safety standards; IEC 61508 and/or SIL2/SIL3.
- Experience with fault tolerant design, redundant design, high availability design, or avionics design.
- Experience developing electronic hardware systems that meet product certification requirements, such as UL, CE, or IEC 61010.
- Experience developing electronic hardware systems that meet security standards, such as IEC 62443 and functional safety standards, such as IEC 61511.
- Knowledge of industrial communications interfaces and protocols such as Ethernet IP.
- Experience designing embedded systems, including developing embedded code using C/C++.
- Formal functional or process safety training from a recognized body such as exida, ISA, or TUV.
- Full Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Relocation Assistance
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks or your application.