Senior IT Associate (Audit)
8801 S Yale Ave Houston, Texas 77002
Seeking an IT Senior Associate (Audit)
Location: Houston, TX
Salary: $70, 000 – $80, 000
- Will work with team members to provide professional services to the firm’ s clients.
- This individual will lead and perform assessments of IT technical and general controls around the Information Technology infrastructure, databases, and applications.
- Conduct client interviews, document processes, draft risk control matrices, create and execute audit test plans, and document test results and audit reports.
- Participate in a variety of Information Technology-oriented projects and internal audits such as Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), Business Continuity Planning (BCP), Disaster Recovery (DR), Logical Security Access, Policies and Procedures, Change Management, System Implementation Reviews, Software Licensing, Asset Management, Network and Application Security, and Data Privacy.
- Conduct client interviews and process walkthroughs, document process narratives, draft risk control matrices, create and execute testing procedures, document test results, and draft audit reports in accordance with the firm’ s standards and procedures.
- Complete audit work papers as directed, clear comments in a timely manner.
- Review audit work to verify testing has been completed and documented appropriately.
- Lead projects from start to finish, which may include coordinating project resources, setting clear priorities and deadlines for resources and self.
- Work closely with management to identify potential process improvements and present results to clients.
- Assist management in consulting with clients on effective IT processes, including best practices and internal control approaches.
- Maintain regular, timely communication with management and teammates regarding project status, project issues, and resource availability.
- Remain cognizant of time budgets and promptly communicate overages or project delays to management.
- Interact with clients in a professional manner, including actively participating in client meetings.
- Travel is estimated at 20-25%.
- 3-4 years of experience in audit, IT technology, or business analysis.
- A Bachelor’ s degree in a technology or business field is required.
- A certification such as CIA, CISA, CISSP, CISM, or CRISC is desired, but not required.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows and UNIX operating systems, Oracle and MS SQL databases, and ERP applications such as SAP, Oracle, or JD Edwards is preferred.
- Experience in assessing IT internal controls, risks, and processes and developing audit programs to address assessments made.
- Ability to work in teams and independently, occasionally with minimal supervision.
- Possess integrity, principles, and work ethic.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, and verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to read, write, and speak fluent English.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- ACL and Monarch skills are a plus.
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 2 weeks of submitting your application.