Senior IT Manager (Audit)
8801 S Yale Ave Houston, Texas 77002
Seeking an IT Senior Manager (Audit)
Location: Houston, TX
Salary: $120, 000 – $130, 000
- Manage client relationships and lead engagement teams.
- Will lead a variety of Information Technology-oriented projects and internal audits such as Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), Business Continuity Planning (BCP), Disaster Recovery (DR), Logical Security Access, Policies and Procedures, Change Management, System Implementation Reviews, Software Licensing, Asset Management, Network and Application Security, and Data Privacy.
- This individual will demonstrate deep technical and professional knowledge of Information Technology practices and controls.
- Involved in practice development efforts of the firm, including cultivating strong client relationships and identifying opportunities to develop projects with new and existing clients.
- He or she may also be asked to drive the process of gathering ideas and creating action plans for firm initiatives and presenting results to the Principal team.
- Lead multiple client engagement teams for a variety of clients and industries, consistently delivering quality client services within expected timeframes and on budget.
- Identify, evaluate, and effectively communicate significant exposures to IT risks, breakdowns in controls, and other related concerns.
- Manage client relationships and client service delivery expectations, including working with executive-level client contacts to plan internal audit programs and projects and address audit findings.
- Effectively communicate with external auditors (or other third parties as necessary) at an executive management level.
- Successfully manage multiple client engagements or projects at once.
- Stay informed on current business and industry trends relevant to client business.
- Work with clients and senior management and Principals to plan and communicate the scope and approach of internal audits and projects.
- Consult with clients on effective processes, including best practices and internal control approaches.
- Perform primary or secondary detail-level reviews of work performed by the team and verify identified observations are complete, accurate, and properly documented.
- Coach and mentor less experienced team members to assist them in developing to their career potential.
- Understand firm service offerings and actively identify opportunities to serve clients.
- Understand firm-level resource needs and help plan and manage resource schedules.
- Develop relationships with team members across the firm to better serve client needs.
- Participate in internal firm initiatives, including leading teams charged with presenting ideas and solutions to the Principal team and implementing action plans.
- Assist the firm through participating in or leading efforts around recruitment, employee training, firm-wide projects, and human resource initiatives.
- Support the firm’ s back office function, including overseeing and validating project time and expense reports and preparing or reviewing client invoices.
- Travel is estimated at 25-30%.
- 8+ years of experience in IT audit, IT management, or internal audit.
- 2-3 years of experience in client management and/or project management.
- A Bachelor’ s degree in a technology or business field is required.
- Must have experience with Client Services
- A relevant professional certification such as CIA, CISA, CISSP, CISM, or CRISC is preferred.
- Proven success in assessing IT internal controls, risks, and processes and developing audit programs to address assessments made.
- Knowledge of the COBIT and COSO internal control frameworks.
- Strong knowledge of and experience in supervising and executing IT-oriented or audit-oriented projects based on proven project management and testing methodologies.
- Knowledge of technical architecture and a comprehensive understanding of technology tools and components (e.g., operating system, database, application, middleware, reporting tools).
- Experience with auditing or administering Microsoft Windows and UNIX operating systems, Oracle and MS SQL databases, and ERP applications such as SAP, Oracle, or JD Edwards is preferred.
- Ability to assimilate new information quickly and possessing business acumen.
- Possess integrity, principles, and work ethic.
- Demonstrated Board of Directors-level presentation skills.
- Expert skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook and strong skills in PowerPoint.
- ACL and Monarch skills are a plus.
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 2 weeks of submitting your application.