8824 Fallbrook Drive Houston, TX 77064
Murray Resources is in search of a Shipping Clerk for an industrial condition monitoring system to many of the world’ s leading manufacturers and users of cooling towers, gas turbines, reciprocating compressors, and other rotating and reciprocating machinery.
Location: Houston, NW- Sam Houston Race Park Area
- Inspects and packs company-made products; ensures products are packaged correctly for shipping.
- Ensures accuracy and quality in picking, pulling, packing, crating activities.
- Enters data into ERP System.
- Generates packing lists and certification.
- Assists in preparation of export and compliance documents for third-party vendors. Makes necessary changes if specifications change.
- Accepts and tracks all deliveries in appropriate systems.
- Participates in regularly scheduled cycle counts.
- Supports distribution activities and meets forklift requirements.
- Assists all departments in supplying parts out of inventory for tests, inspection, and evaluation.
- Reorders shipping supplies.
- Follow all company safety policies and procedures and organizes work areas for efficiency and safety.
- Provides status reports to management as required.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One plus year’ s previous progressive experience in shipping/receiving operations in an electronics manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of computer based manufacturing and inventory control systems.
- APICS certification or course work, and/or experience in planning and material control, a plus
- Exposure to Lean Methodologies and/or Six Sigma, strongly preferred
- Fork lift certified, strongly preferred.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to understand, evaluate and make recommendations on processes or issue resolution
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to effectively present facts and recommendations in oral and written form.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in IFS or other Oracle based ERP (preferred).
- The individual should possess proficient skills in MS Excel and be proficient in MS Word and PowerPoint.